Từ điển LongMan Dictionary|
ni‧ce‧ty/ˈnaɪsəti, ˈnaɪsɪti/ noun (plural niceties)
1. [COUNTABLE USUALLY PLURAL]
a small detail or point of difference, especially one that is usually considered to be part of the correct way of doing something:
▪ social niceties
▪ legal niceties
▪ the niceties of political diplomacy
2. to a nicety
COLLOCATIONS FROM CORPUS
▪ There are some legal niceties attendant upon this definition with which it is fortunately not necessary to deal in the present outline.
▪ Without delving into the legal niceties too deeply, the procedure of a public inquiry generally takes the following form.
▪ If Northgate ignored the bureaucratic niceties of prospecting licences, it also ignored the legal niceties of land ownership and trespass.
▪ Young babies have no knowledge of the social niceties which will thenceforward determine their social response.
▪ Clarac was used to social nicety.
▪ On one level the social niceties ground on, the minutiae of dress and behaviour observed and chattered over.
EXAMPLES FROM OTHER ENTRIES
▪ The car includes such niceties as a cassette deck and bucket seats.
EXAMPLES FROM CORPUS
▪ It did help that in those years Janir cared nothing for household niceties.
▪ Occasions arise when there is no time for niceties, and Schubert was usually to the fore at such times.
▪ Records of clothing and the other necessities and niceties of life are scanty.
▪ That way, constitutional niceties will be respected.
▪ This is a nicety, perhaps with no practical consequences.
▪ Tourists observe the niceties of correct dress while viewing the Matterhorn.
▪ Trade missions, diplomatic niceties, hurried journeys between here and Moscow, the lot.
▼ Từ liên quan / Related words
Related search result for "nicety"